Reporting new hires electronically is beneficial to employers in a number of ways:
- Saves on paper, processing time, and postage;
- Reduces the likelihood of errors;
- Helps to avoid rejected records because of unreadable or missing information;
- Qualifies Multistate employers for "Multistate" new hire reporting; and
- Allows employers with many work sites to centralize their new hire reporting.
There are two ways employers can report electronically:
- Online Reporting: Employers can use our Web site to report their new hires online. Confirmations of reports received are provided each time an employer reports using this feature. Register for online reporting.
- Electronic Reporting: Employers can export their new hire information from their payroll or human resources software into a file that meets our layout specifications. Most software manufacturers provide technical support, and some software manufacturers have recently added electronic new hire reporting options to their latest upgrades.
Please contact your payroll or human resources software manufacturers for electronic new hire reporting availability, or view our file submission layout to create your own file. You will only need our file submission layout if you find that your HR or Payroll software is not already set up to automatically create electronic new hire reports.
Payroll companies also provide employers with automatic electronic new hire reporting as an extra service. If you have questions regarding this service, please contact your payroll service company directly.
Our goal is to make reporting your new hires as simple and easy as possible. If you have any questions regarding electronic reporting or if you require technical assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.